Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Experiment

Hi there! I want to introduce myself. My name is Amy Rudge and I am the high school pastor at Horizon Community Church in Cincinnati, OH. I've been working with high school students for over 10 years now in different capacities...8 of those as a youth pastor. I am extremely passionate about high school students knowing Jesus Christ and realizing the amazing plan He has for their lives.

My hope with this blog is that I can help you, the parents of teenagers, to connect and grow with your children. It can be tough parenting a teenager. They go through so many changes during their high school years and often times it's tough to connect with them. I'm hoping to be able to shed some light on different topics and give you ideas of how you can break through the walls and really walk alongside them during this time.

My expertise is not through the experience of parenting, but through the experience of walking with hundreds of high school students over the years...listening to their hearts...and helping them discover who they are in Christ. I don't claim to have all the answers, all I claim is to love teenagers and to try my best to help families connect with one another. I hope you find some of my experiences helpful as you navigate this time with your kids.

Thanks for checking in and please let me know if I can answer any questions for you.

His,
Amy

2 comments:

  1. Amy,

    Thanks for setting this up for the parents of Horizon!

    As Christians learning about the relationship between God and His son is the best way for us to become better parents to those that we have been entrusted to raise for God's glory.

    I am sure your wealth of experience will help us fine tune our relationships, and also glorify God in the process.

    In Christ,

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy,
    Thanks for creating this tool for us to connect with you and our teenagers. You do so much for our kids during this crazy time
    in their lives. They are blessed with your passion, energy and
    wisdom in ways that they may never understand. Thank you,
    Carolyn Collette

    ReplyDelete